David F. Khalili, MA, LMFT
I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with a focus on working with men, adolescents, couples therapy, and multi-ethnic individuals. I received my Masters degree in Counseling Psychology from Golden Gate University and a Masters degree in Sexuality Studies from San Francisco State University. During graduate school I completed my practicum internship at UCSF AIDS Health Project, followed by a post-graduate psychodynamic intensive program at The Psychotherapy Institute. I also have extensive experience working with teenagers, as well as with those experiencing grief, trauma and substance abuse issues. I also specialize in working with multi-ethnic individuals and those who have immigrated recently or are first-generation American born.
Issues I have focused on include, but are not limited to:
- Sex and Sexuality
- Polyamory, Open Relationships and Kink
- Sexual Disorders
- Accessing Emotions
- Identity Formation
- Emotional Regulation
I focus on helping you improve your insight and awareness on how you relate to yourself and your life in order to help reach the goals you desire.
Studies show that the key to effective therapy is the person's relationship with the therapist. Set up a consultation to find if we are a good fit.
Contact me to set up a free 20 minute phone consultation.
- MA in Sexuality Studies, San Francisco State University, 2008
- MA in Counseling Psychology, Golden Gate University, 2011
- UCSF AIDS Health Project, San Francisco, 2011
- The Psychotherapy Institute, Berkeley, CA, 2013
- Longfellow Middle School, Berkeley, CA, 2013
- Berkeley Technology Academy, Berkeley, CA, 2015
- Completed Level 1 Training Gottman Method Couples Therapy, 2018